In 2021, we are shining the spotlight on our innovative features which are what make NovaDine an end-to-end digital ordering solution. Our unique capabilities allow us to be more than an E-commerce engine with an API. They allow us to host your digital ordering presence and ensure orders are processed successfully, all the way through to your POS.
With the recent anniversary of the COVID-19 lockdown, we thought it apropos to start this educational journey reviewing our Contactless Curbside Pickup feature. We remember the worry that restaurants faced as they tried to navigate through health and safety concerns, stay-at-home orders, and limited seating capacities to outright bans on indoor dining. During this time, NovaDine made itself available to all of our clients, providing helpful and revenue-generating solutions customized to each business. And we are not stopping now. Let’s explore our Contactless Curbside Pickup feature together to determine if it could be a viable option for your restaurant.
Contactless Curbside Pickup
Curbside Pickup via online ordering became an increasingly popular choice for restaurants due to its expedience and ease. Since the onset of the pandemic, Curbside Pickup – especially Contactless – has become a necessity for restaurant’s who want to stay in business. NovaDine’s award-winning restaurant technology continues to make the process fast, easy, and convenient for you and your customers.
How it Works
- Customer places order on any device; mobile phone, native app, or desktop computer.
- The NovaDine system crafts a unique customer identification alert, then notifies your POS by either printing a ticket and/or displaying a message on the kitchen monitor.
- Customer is simultaneously assigned available pickup slots for their order. Your restaurant is notified when the customer arrives to pick up their food order, along with the correct slot to drop the order.
- Slots can be any designated and labeled areas on shelves or tables, and different slots and slot labels can be configured in NovaDine to match a particular store’s setup. This feature provides the functionality of a cubby/locker system (without the associated expense), is available for restaurants to use immediately, and is POS integrated.
- Customer arrives at location and, based on your restaurant’s settings, selects curbside check-in and enters identification information (parking slot number or vehicle make/model/color)
- Food is then brought to the customer’s vehicle.
- Convenient check-in opportunity streamlines the process so that the customer does not have to call the restaurant upon arrival.
While restaurants across the country begin to open doors, extend hours, or increase seating capacity, the need for a Contactless Curbside Pickup option is here to stay as many consumers continue habits picked up over the last year. Even as COVID-19 restrictions are lessened, patrons will still value the convenience afforded by our Curbside Pickup feature. Contactless services will be added bonuses for those with continued health and safety concerns.
Contactless Curbside Pickup is just one of the many features NovaDine offers to our clients. Not a client? Contact Us for more information on our Object-Oriented platform, our Best-in-class ADA compliant user interface, our order escalation support, and more. We look forward to providing the right solutions for your restaurant.
Stay tuned as we highlight the strengths and developments of each one of our incredible features in our upcoming blog posts.